ARE THERE TIMES WHEN YOU…?
- Continually fight with your child
- Argue with your spouse about your child
- Are unsure how to talk to your child about a difficult situation (for example, divorce or death of a relative)
- Are unable to get your child to cooperate
- Are frustrated to get your child to open up and communicate
- Do not know how to set and maintain limits
- Worry about who your child is hanging out with or chatting with on the Internet
- Suspect your child is being bullied but not sure how to intervene
HOW CAN I HELP?
My goal is to improve your parenting skills and your relationship with your child. My approach begins with an assessment of whether problems can be addressed with the parents alone or whether the child also needs to be seen. Individual and family therapy sessions are aimed at helping family members improve parent-child communication; reduce stress (for example, related to divorce, discipline, school problems); and learn effective coping strategies.