Parenting Difficulties In Woodland Hills, CA
Parenting difficulties can cause stress and trauma and often erode adults’ self-confidence. Parenting difficulties put stress on marital relations. Taking care of yourself and your own needs, while at the same time supporting and taking care of your child’s needs, is a challenge for all parents at one time or another. Especially in today's world in which children and adolescents are suffering a mental health crisis, parenting skills are continually being challenged---sometimes seemingly to a breaking point.
ARE THERE TIMES WHEN YOU…?
- Continually fight with your child
- Argue with your spouse, or ex-spouse, about your child
- Are unsure how to talk to your child about a difficult situation (for example, divorce or death of a relative)
- Are unable to get your child to cooperate
- Are frustrated to get your child to open up and communicate
- Do not know how to set and maintain limits
- Worry about who your child is hanging out with or talking to on the Internet
- Are suspicious of your child's involvement with pornography or drugs or ChatGPT or ...
- Don't know how to limit your child's time on social media sites
- Worry about cuts and bruises on your child's arms and legs
- Mistrust step-parents' beliefs, rules, and disciplining practices
- Suspect your child is being bullied but not sure how to intervene
HOW CAN I HELP?
My goal is to improve your parenting skills and your relationship with your child. My approach begins with an assessment of whether problems can be addressed with the parents alone or whether the child also needs to be seen. Individual and family therapy sessions are aimed at helping family members improve parent-child communication; reduce stress (for example, related to divorce, discipline, school problems); and learn effective coping strategies.