I provide psychological help for adults who are struggling with the following sorts of problems:
- Anxiety (Social Anxiety, Phobias, Panic)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Yes, adults--and not just children--can suffer from ADHD!
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Excessive Worrying and Rumination
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Problems Involving Relationships
- Relationship with a spouse (for example, involving communication skills, infidelity)
- Parent-child relationship (parenting difficulties, limit setting and discipline, cooperation with an ex-spouse)
- At work with co-workers or a boss (for example, involving anger management, difficulty collaborating as a team)
Problems Involving Stressful Life Situations
- Financial stress
- Work-related stress
- Health-related stress
Adult psychotherapy involves individual sessions, but it might also involve sessions with a partner.
The type of treatment I provide represents a combination of three psychological perspectives: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Therapy, and the Practice of Mindfulness. Treatment is completely tailored to your individual needs.
The goal of therapy is to help you find your way through difficult times by developing effective coping strategies for your problems. I will help you identify your strengths; modify inaccurate perceptions about yourself and others; understand both risks and benefits in relationships; learn from your past; remain resilient in the face of present and future adversities; and strive for happiness and fulfillment in your life.